Saturday, July 9, 2011

Peronally Saturdays

I've been researching and thinking this week about something special I could do on my blog, that no one else really does. I thought and thought, but just couldn't think of anything. This past Thursday I decided to clean and rearrange my room. I just can't stand coming into my room and it looks the same day after day. So every couple of months I get into this cleaning-arranging-spree. I think it runs in my family. I noticed that my mom and aunt does it. I was also informed that my grandmother, who passed away when I was small, did the same thing as I do. Anyways, while I was cleaning I found this old journal that I haven't written in years. Some of you may have heard of the Me Journals. It's a little different then journals that I usually have. One every page of this one is several questions then on the back is a blank page where you can make notes. This old journal is what gave me the inspiration on Personally Saturdays.

I'm going to use some of the questions on the journal page, but I'm also going to put my own little "spark" in it. It's basically an update of whats going on in my life. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I will.
Here it goes!

Date: July 9, 2011                                                                                              Time: 12:30 pm

What was the weather like this week?
     It was extremely hot! We had a few thunderstorms at night, but it was still scorching in the day. I was really wishing I had a pool this week!

New & Events with family and friends:
    My Aunt and that side of my family returned from Florida. My great-grandmother passed away last week. I didn't attend the funeral services because I had never met her. See I'm adopted by my great-uncle and great-aunt. I don't really know anything about my biological father's side of the family. I'm just recently getting to know them. I was suppose to go hang out with my Aunt today, but I didn't get up til 3 pm. I just haven't felt good today. I'm hoping to see her tomorrow!

I am excited about:
     They are quite a few things I'm excited about. One thing is Once Upon a Read-A-Thon. I hope I get to make a dent in my TBR pile. Another thing I'm excited about is I received a letter from my new college telling me my dorm room and my roommate's name. I found out that my dorm room is in the brand new dorms that they are opening up this fall. So I can take a shower in my room without worrying about catching something. If you had seen the last college I was at, you would understand why I'm so excited to have a clean dorm. The past college I went to, had disgusting dorms and bathrooms. I'm so ready to start this college. I can't believe me of all people is wanting to start school! I'm sure after a week or so after starting I'll probably be wishing for a break.

I am concerned about:
    I'm concerned that my new roommate and I won't like each other. So far in my dorm-life I've had pretty cool roommates. Another thing I'm concerned about is having really hard classes. 

New music:
   I got a couple of songs this week. 
   1. Lost 
        - Avenged Sevenfold
   2. Video Killed the Radio Star
       - Amber Pacific
   3. Scream
       - Avenged Sevenfold
   4. Too Close
       - Next
   5. Dying
       - Stone Sour
Did you win any contest?
   Actually I won two contest this week. Which is a miracle because I hardly win anything! I won a signed copy of Burning Skies from Bitten by Paranormal Romance. I'm excited to receive it! Then I also won the Freedom Hop on The Wormhole blog. I got to choose between a couple of books by Leanore Elliott. I chose the Soul Trilogy.

Did you buy anything this week?
  Believe it or not I didn't buy anything this week. I'm trying to save up money to have while I'm at school.

Books you started/finish:

Goals/Ideas for a better tomorrow:
  Make more time for reading. Take more time out to tend to the blog. I think I'm going to try to read 5 books in the Read-A-Thon. Ahhh wish me luck. I would really like to finish Vampire Academy today!


This is my first time doing Personally Saturdays. I hope you guys like it. If you have any opinions on what I should add or take away to make it better, please tell me! Don't forget to enter my Harry Potter Giveaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment