Saturday, January 8, 2011

My New Home Away From Home

Hey guys! Today started a new chapter in my life. I officially moved into my dorm at my college. I gotta tell ya I'm exhausted! >.< I cleaned, and I mean CLEANED my dorm room good! I'm not really a clean freak, but when it comes to public places like a dorm room, hotel, anything really public I am. Think about it, there is no telling who has been in this dorm room, what has been done in this dorm room, and if this dorm room has ever really been cleaned. Maybe its just me. Lol. I still haven't gotten the chance to meet my roommate. I don't even know her name. She got here way before I did, unpacked all of her stuff, and then left. I don't think she has been back since then. Well we don't actually start our classes until Monday, but they let the residents go ahead and move in last Wednesday. I moved most of my stuff in that day, except my fridge and shower supplies (like shower shows!!! hahaha). That's the stuff I moved in today. I was going to stay on Wednesday night, but it was really hot in my room. I could barely breathe. It felt like 80 degrees up in that joint. So today I brought me a fan. I finally got my room cooled off. I hope my roommate isn't cold nature..... Well if she is hopefully we can compromise somehow. >.> I decided that I would share the pictures I took of my dorm room. 







Of course I'm not completely finished decorating it. I'm just whipped out today. I even brought the books that are in the giveaway so I can shipped them right out once I know who wins, contact them, and they contact me  back with their info. I would have felt extremely awful if the winner would've had to wait weeks before they got it. 

Oh yes I almost forget to tell you peeps!! Ok today was my first time ever going grocery shopping by myself. I mean I went to grab a few things every once in awhile back home for my parents, of course my friends were the cashiers and bag boys. Anyways, I was "buggieING" along and like everyone is staring at me! Ok I'm 4"11 and look really young, but come on people I'm 18! It's not like I'm five years old buying grocery. So the whole time I'm shopping, I'm laughing my ass off at the people giving me weird looks. I think its just so funny! Oh here's the good part! I get up to the check-out line and I have a really cute guy as my cashier. He asked me if I had an Ingles card, I told him no I just moved here. Well that struck up a conversation between us. He just moved here from Ohio. We talked and talked until the old guy came up behind me wanting to check out, I'm thinking of all check-out lines you had to come to mine?!?! The cute cashier guy was really sweet. At least now I have something to look forward to, when I go to the grocery store! :) Oh and sorry boys. I know that was more of a girl thing. But I thought I would share it with you!!

Update- Still reading Nightshade. A little over half-way finished with it though! The blog hop is going great guys! Thanks for those of you who became followers!! I joined another blog hop giveaway. It start Jan. 14. I explain more about it when it gets closer to the date. I have no idea what I'm giving away yet. I might giveaway the books that's left over from this one, but throw in something extra. I don't know yet though! 

Happy Readings to All!!

8 comments:

  1. Lol if anyone ever wonders why I like to go to the Borders near my house it's because there is a hot guy who works there that I always want to get when I go to the cashier to pay. So I completely understand what you are saying Fallen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay good! I was afraid people might think I was a creeper! Lol! He was like the first person I had a real conversation with. On the plus side he was cute and sweet! Haha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I just think the hottie at the bookstore is a rare occasion because not many hot guys work at bookstores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so true! Come to think of it, there isn't any at my bookstores. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. See, I almost fell over the first time I saw that a good looking guy actually works at a bookstore. Of course sadly the hot ones never talk to me always the older heavy set ones or the creepy ones seem to stalk me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't feel bad! That's exactly what happens to me too! It sucks... What's wrong with us? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol I have no clue. But it's not us, most guys are clueless. :)

    ReplyDelete