Saturday, December 18, 2010

13 Little Blue Envelopes Review

So I started 13 Little Blue Envelopes about three days ago and just finished the book. Once I turned the last page I was like that can not be it!!! I've gotta know what happens!! I just look on Maureen Johnson's website. Her website is really pretty, you should check it out. Anyways, I found out there is going to be a sequel! YAY! It comes out spring 2011. It's called The Last Little Blue Envelope.

Synopsis: (Back of the book)

Would you follow the directions?
Would you travel around the world?
Would you open the envelopes one by one?
Inside little blue envelope 1 are $1,000 and instructions to buy a plane ticket.
Inside envelope 2 are directions to specific London flat
The note in envelope 3 tells Ginny: Find a starving artist.
Because of envelope 4, Ginny and a plawright/thief/bloke-about-town called Keith go to Scotland together, with somewhat disastrous-- though utterly romantic--results. But will she ever see him again?

Everything about Ginny will change this summer, and it's all because of the 13 little blue envelopes.

My thoughts........

I actually really liked this book. I even surprised myself, with how much I liked it. I was excepting it to be a cheesy love story, but it was far from it. Don't get me wrong, there is a love story, but it isn't overbearing. I had to keep reading and turning the pages to find out what the next task was. Her Aunt Peg was really a crazy one. Hah. In my paperback of the book, it had extras. It contained an interview with the author, Maureen Johnson, and also the character, Keith Dobson. I loved Keith. He was perfect for Ginny.
All of the task her aunt sent her on, really helped Ginny opened up to her full potential. If it hadn't have been for the letters, then Ginny would have never done any of those things. Before the letters, Ginny was a quiet, shy, stay-to-herself kind of girl. The letters really helped her to get out and experience the good (sometimes bad) parts of the world. 
I don't know if I would have been able to do all what Aunt Peg wanted Ginny to do. She couldn't contact any one in the U.S. That would be hard for me, not to be able to talk to my friends. I, also, don't think I would have been able to sustain myself from opening all of the envelopes at once. In the end the 13th letter got stolen from her........I wondered if she will ever get it back..? I seriously cannot wait until the 2nd book comes out! I really want to know what happens with her and Keith!!


Happy Readings to All!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment